Monday, June 14, 2010

the grandest love

The grandest love is countless.
And they're different than the ones that we received from our parents.
kan..kan..kan?
I have met my GREAT-grandma. It's grand.
Oh yes, she is my dad's grandma, so in my case, Moyang-lah kan?
She is already old but still strong, steady and she loveeee me.


The first sentence came out from her lips when she saw me was,
"Odoiii gia, sisit ku numbul lima"
*Translation: Oh my fifth great-grandchild"
She is just too cute for that.

She was just amazed whenever I giggled at her.
And got so excited.
"Intangai mai', noikot noh do mongiak" she said.
*Translation : Look at her, she loves to smile."
I was thinking what to call her, but she is a mind reader, she said,
"panggil mo'ing-lah kio...ngam la'itu panggil mo'ing, mimang mo'ing pun"


My dearest mo'ing and late pak o'ing have ten children.
waaa.... fabulous
*that's what totally spies always said*

I heard mom complaining to dad for having me as her only child at the moment.
Imagining her life if she has another one sooner or later.
and I hate to think when she has ten children.HEHEHE.

Mo'ing current addiction is mogingat, or in Malay version is makan sireh.
You should look at her tingaton's package.
Daun sireh, kapur,gambir,pinang & tembakau a.k.a sigup.
I don't think there are as yummy as my milky plain rice porridge.HEHEHE
If one of them goes missing the ingredient is incomplete. I witnessed her being uncomfortable when she realised her daun sireh were gone missing. And how happy she was when she found them in her bag, as if she won a jackpot.

Dad was saying that mo'ing was the one who look after him when he was a small kid,
dad and few more of his cousins.
Since all the parents were busy working,
so they left them with her.
Taking care of 10 children and after that continue the routine with her grandchild,
pheww... mo'ing was so amazing!

She had many buffalo once. Or in Kadazan it's called, kalabau.
And dad used to treat her buffaloes like camels,
He will ride them right up to the river and bathed the 'camel',
then the kalabau's body would shine. And they're happy.
Kalabau has a big round stomach and they're very heavy.
Sadly, all the kalabaus are gone now, no longer dad said.

Dad said mo'ing was slightly fierce which I don't think so.
She is soooo loving.
My dad must be very naughty then,
So please do not blame me because the blood in my veins are your gene dad!
kuang... kuang... kuang...

She almost shed tears when we bid farewell.
No worries mo'ing
I'll be a good girl as you wish,
I will not annoy my parents, or others.
And I look forward to balik kampung, and I'll see you there.
Play with you again and with your favorite doggy, si burger.


I might not understand the meaning of your love now,
But as the time flies, and as the time watches me growing up,
I would understand them better... later.

The spirit of you inspired me to be strong in my future undertakings,
Always pray for me this little baby kio.
I love you Mo'ing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails