Thursday, March 14, 2013

bacteria infection

I started to develop a mild fever on saturday morning but the fever was gone in the afternoon. Then it came back the next day early morning, afternoon gone and until monday morning, the sign of fever was still there. Mommy decided to bring me to see the doctor, plus I have no more fever medicine in our fridge.

I was entertained by a sweet Chinese nurse, she seems so comfortable with children and talked to me all the time and I just replied by giving her a confused look since I don't really understand what she was saying.

"You Charmaine such a pretty girl, you're 3 and so tall!" 
While putting the thermometer under my armpit. 
"I know you're such a good girl, would you like to stand here?" 
She just wanted to weight me!
"You know Charmaine, this machine is amazing, if you put your finger here, it will make a beep beep sound here!" All what she wanted was just my finger.

I behaved very well and daddy was so proud of me, while mommy thinks that I have a super ego in me, therefore I don't look scared. I was only scared of the sikh doctor as he was wearing a turban with his massive janggut. I quickly did whatever he asks.. open your mouth... ahhhh... breath in... breath out... He suggested for blood test after that.

Mommy was super panicked. She have always been scared of needles poking her veins, sucking her blood or the drip, and yet hoping for me to be a doctor. And so being overly concern and loving mommy, she held my head until I can't turn anyway, she also hugged me tightly. I was not comfortable.... so I pushed her away and said, "tepiiiilah mommy. isk..isk... tak payah tak payah!" I went through the procedure calmly. "She didn't cry?" the doctor was also asking her. Everyone in that room was expecting me to scream and cry and they were well prepared hahahaa...well, we kids also know how to manage our emotion ok...

After 20 minutes, the result came out. I am free from denggi and viral... but slightly infected by bacteria, not so high and I don't even need the antibiotic, only the fever medicine. Doctor advise mommy to make me drink water more often. Mommy was sooo relieved.

And how to make a toddler to drink more water? Easy... mommy bought me a new drinking bottle in pink colour (my favorite) with Dora The Explorer on it! 


And daddy scolded mommy since then because I have been non-stop drinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails